Monday, August 19, 2013

Small change

I was in hog heaven today! I used every power tool I own. I finished the lining board and it's now almost ready for the plasterer to head on in. The cornice arrived today, same design as the rest of the house, just slightly smaller to allow for the difference in scale of the rooms.  The front rooms have 3m ceilings and a 300mm wide cornice, the bathroom, only 2.5m ceiling, so a 250 mm cornice. Sounds good doesn't it! That was just a coincidence. I can't get the original cornice now, and I only bought the old stuff less than 3 years ago. This was the only one available that was remotely similar.

We're waiting on the tiler, any tiler at the moment.  3 recommendations and the earliest anyone can come is 4-5 weeks. I can tile, I just don't feel confident with laying the screed. Maybe I need a crash course!


Please ignore the gaping hole in the cladding next to the window!  I had to shuffle the window out by about 50 mm, so the outside sill extended over the cladding.  Something the builder's probably should have thought of.


You can just see the corner of the gorgeous old meat safe a friend kindly gave us.  Thinking about painting that chinese laquer red. You know, for towels.


I also installed the cabinets into the studs today.They'll be framed in the california bungalow style, like the doors and windows - eventually.


This is the door between the toilet and bathroom, cute huh!  I found it on the side of the road about 5 years ago and have been hoarding it ever since.



No comments:

Post a Comment